The above project is being implemented in the area of environmental education Achaia / egaleo and is part of the activities of the European Erasmus Program + / Key Action 3 (KA3): "Structured dialogue - Meetings between young people and decision-makers in the field of youth." The main goal is through a series of discussions between young people and those responsible local bodies for policy on youth arise esteemed results, useful for making good policy practice in the youth field.
It is clear that with this project it is possible for young people to be heard, stating their opinion in formulating positions, proposals and recommendations on the formulation and implementation of youth policies consistent at European level.
Also, the implementation of the project in the region every effort to meet the specific needs of young people, such as:
1) removal of social exclusion,
2) promotion of youth participation in democratic citizenship,
3) understanding of the functioning of democratic institutions,
4) participation in the solidarity, interactive workshops structured, open and democratic dialogue,
5) develop their skills in public speaking and their critical thinking,
6) the information on activities and developments concerning them and broaden their knowledge of the policies of national and European institutions,
7) expression of creativity and understanding of the value determination of individual and group goals,
8) understanding of the spirit and the importance of democratic decision-making process in the implementation of public policies,
9) obtain equal sharing experiences and self-organization of young people to further achieve their personal goals.
The group of young people participating in the Cultural Association Selinitika expect Sun to be a key reference point in the open structured democratic debate in Greece. Furthermore, the experience gained by young people will contribute not only to further their personal development, but also the immediate solution of the problem of participation in public affairs and decision making.
The Region of Western Greece and the Aigialeia will have direct access to the needs of young people and through their participation will promote what active and targeted vision of the New Europe, as there will be an innovative example feasible and inexpensive change to active involvement youth through democratic dialogue, with the possibility of reproducing both locally and on a national scale as best practice training policy institutions for young people.